UPAEP EXCHANGE - PUEBLA, MEXICO
Location and Academics
The University of Minnesota Morris has an exchange program with UPAEP University in Puebla, Mexico. UPAEP is located just two blocks away from the touristic Juarez Avenue and a few blocks from Puebla’s historic downtown which is considered an UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring buildings of colonial architecture. The campus has a very attractive location. It is an urban campus located in the middle of Puebla city. This is ideal for the student who wants to know the authentic daily Mexican life and its wonderful culture. Also, the UPAEP campus is conveniently situated near public transportation providing access to different parts of the city. There are many shopping centers, movie theaters, and leisure opportunities nearby. Read more »
How does the exchange work?
This exchange option keeps costs down and is about half of what similar, non-exchange programs cost.
- Sophomore, junior or senior standing
- Minimum GPA = 2.5
- Strong independence and self-motivation (This is really vital!)
- Option 1: Regular University Courses. In order to attend the regular classes in Spanish and understand the courses in Spanish with Mexican students; you will need a level of B1 proficiency. Students at the A2 level may take regular classes in Spanish but will be required to take Spanish language coursework during the semester to improve their skills.
- Option 2: Spanish as a Foreign Language Courses & Regular University Courses Taught in the English Language. No Spanish is required. Student with 0 to 2 semesters of university-level Spanish are restricted to this option.
Spanish as a Second Language courses are offered at different levels. These courses, taken in addition with courses offered in English and Liberal Arts Service Learning, will give students a full-time course load. (Liberal Arts Service Learning is a credit-bearing volunteer program where the students participate in special service activities they select in the Mexican community).
- Pay your tuition and fees at Morris.
- Pay your room and board at Puebla. Stay in a dorm on on campus or a homestay.
- Take classes that count toward your major, your minor, or your general education requirements.
The application deadline for the 2017-2018 academic year will be March 15th.